Night vision scopes for rifles have come a long way in many ways. While we still have traditional scopes, new high-tech scopes help hunters to more easily find their target. It is now possible to see animals from many yards away in total darkness. We’ve found several Best night vision scopes for coyote hunting you may like.
- 1 [Top 5] Best night vision scope for coyote hunting
- 2 Short review several night vision scope
- 3 How to Choose the Best Night Vision Scope for coyote hunting
- 4 Conclusion
[Top 5] Best night vision scope for coyote hunting
- 【Day and Night】New upgrade hunting night vision be used in day and night and it can provide a color view in the daytime.The actual effect of hunting night vision is better than professional night vision device.
- 【Detailed Instructions】Easy to use,Can be assembled quickly by detailed instructions for a few minutes
- 【High Quality Night Captures】Give you a perfect visual experience,you can observe target in complete darkness. Ideal for a wide variety of uses such as surveillance, nighttime hunting wildlife observation and exploring caves.
- 【Multi Features】5.0 inches clear display screen captures ,360 degrees adjustable camera, 5W extended sliding infrared flashlight.If you want to get more night vision range, I suggest you buy an additional 5W IR illuminators, or better.
- 【Does not include battery】The package does not contain a battery. Please purchase it separately on Amazon.
- Day/Night mode – full color viewing for day use; black and white or classic green for night vision mode
- 300m NIGHT VISION RANGE: The features multi-coated glass objectives and an infrared LED illuminator that allows you to see clearly in perfect darkness up to 980 ft / 300 m away.
- 3x digital zoom – a 4.5x optical system magnification
- 1080p HD Video Recording & Photos
- Package includes: 1x IR Flashlight, 1x AV Video Cable,1x USB Cable,1X8GB TF card,1x Power Adapter, 1x Operating Instructions, 2 sets Batteries( 2 x 14500, 2 x 18650), 1x Charger, 1x Cleaning Cloths.
- Includes IR850-NS Accessory IR
- Call for mounting advice: (800) 444-5994
- Range: 100-200 yds. in typical nighttime environments
- High resolution, 640X480 display
- For use with rifles up to 30 caliber
- 【EXCELLENT SERVICE】When received the device, if can not get the good effect,please kindly contact us first,any problem,we will solve till you satisfied.thanks in advance.
- 【PHOTO/VIDEO RECORD】Exclusive design, Digital HD720P display , with photo&video record functions.Can share with your family and friends.Add more fun to the exciting hunting activities.
- 【EXCELLENT ANTI-SHOCK FUNCTION】Unique design, Megaorei 2 night vision trail camera use silicone materials to protect important components, and successfully pass the 1.5M drop test, with super shockproof.
- 【300M NIGHT VISION, DAY AND NIGHT MODES】Infrared IR can only see about 150M, but Megaorei 2 with LASER IR, can see up to 300M in complete darkness! Also with day and night modes, you can get clear views in both day and night.
- 【QUALITY ASSURANCE】We offer 12 months warranty, quick response to customer needs. Any spare parts damaged in 12 months,We will reissue it for free.
- CLEAR VIEW DAY AND NIGHT: With Megaorei Night Vision Camera, you can see up to 200m range in complete darkness. Ideal for a wide variety of use such as surveillance, night Hunting, wildlife observation and exploring caves. The 850nm IR Flashlight does not shine detectable lights, keeping your position hidden. KINDLY BE NOTED THAT NIGHTCRYSTAL HUNTING STORE IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL STORE FOR MEGAOREI BRAND, ANY PRODUCT BOUGHT FROM OTHER STORE IS NOT GUARANTEED BY MEGAOREI FACTORY.
- 4.3INCH PORTABLE SCREEN DISPLAY: With Megaorei Night Vision Riflescope Camera, you can see the object by LCD screen no matter day or night, it is more comfortable than viewing directly through the scope.
- ALL 18650 BATTERIES COMPATIBLE: Thanks to our patent design, you can use all kinds of 18650 battery no matter length 65 or 70mm. Two springs both ends inside the battery compartment can seize the battery tightly. You will never have to worry that the battery will loose due to recoil.
- UPGRADE CAMERA: 360 degrees adjustable camera help fixing focus and get sharp picture; 3MP and 16MM camera lens has a great improvement in pixels and field of view, the imaging effect is better and clearer, and the field of view is wider.
- EASY TO INSTALL: With all mounts you needed, the screw driver and the camouflag wrap, you can assemble it quickly in few minutes.
Short review several night vision scope
ATN X-Sight-II Smart Day/Night Hunting Rifle Scope with Full HD Video
- Use Day & Night in HD resolution - our HD technology gives you crystal clear vision whenever required
- Zero range: 100 yard. Day & Night Vision in Millions of Colors - best hunting optic that fits the situation at hand.Field of View at 1000 yards- 240 feet.Initial Velocity:2850 fps
- Ballistic Calculator - shifts Point of Impact on the fly letting you quickly calculate ballistics for any shooter's needs. Easily determine exact ballistics for expert long-range and angled shots
- Smart Range Finder - identifies the range to your target with two clicks. Once distance is determined automatically adjusts your Point of Impact.5-20 Magnification - Smooth Zoom offers fine tune adjustments for your perfect magnification every time
- 1080p HD Video Recording & Photos, Recoil Activated Video (RAV) and Wi-Fi Streaming - allow you to record all of your hunting trips, using your phone / tablet as a viewfinder. Firmware upgradeable
You can hunt during the day or night and record events on recoil-activated 1080p full HD video on a micro SD card. The e-compass helps you navigate. The rangefinder feature will lighten your equipment load. Leave behind complex reticles and charts too because this scope has an ATN ballistic calculator. The gyroscope keeps your image steady. E-zoom allows you to magnify your target without losing what is in your field of vision.
|View your prey day or night in HD resolution||Can’t mount scope using a split rail – needs a solid rail|
|Has IR illuminator||May not withstand a high caliber rifle’s recoil|
|Can see colors at night||Extremely heavy|
|240 feet field of view at 1,000 yards||Eats AA alkaline batteries too fast|
|Smart Range Finder tells you the range and adjusts point of impact||Clunky UI|
|Smooth Zoom for fine tuning of magnification adjustments||Zoom may be pixelated|
|3D gyroscope and E-compass|
|1080p HD video recording and photos|
|Wi-fi streaming on iOS and android|
|Magnification of 3 – 14x|
|Record hunting trips using device as a viewfinder|
|Has a micro usb port to use an external battery pack like what’s used with a cell phone|
|State of the art digital night vision|
|Great customer service|
ATN X-Sight-4k Pro Edition Smart Hunting Rifle Scope
- HD Sensor - delivers enhanced image sensitivity and razor sharp quality of view regardless the distance or lights condition.
- Enhanced Night Vision mode- brings any hidden prey in sharp focus for a precise target aquisition in total darkness.
- Smart Features: Recoil-Activated Video, Recording at 120 FPS, Wi-Fi Dual-Streaming, Smart Mil Dot Reticle, ATN Radar, Ballistics Calculator.
- A built-in Ballistics Calculator that allows you to set up 6 profiles. Account for range, angle to target, temperature, humidity and more for a perfect shot every time.
- Classic ergonomic design, user-friendly interface and a wide field of view. Easily mountable on virtually any platform with 30 mm standard mount rings.
You’ll love being able to stream video to a mobile device and record at the same time and have more than 18 hours of continuous operation time to do it in. The ballistic calculator considers humidity, temperature, angle, multiple-weapon profiles, wind, range, and more.
|Ultra HD low light 4k sensor||Port can pop your SD card out of the port|
|Obsidian 4 dual-core processor||Included scope mounts aren’t very good|
|Enhanced HD night vision mode||May need to be tech-savvy|
|Ultra-low power profile, so there’s a long battery life||The grainy picture on the zoom|
|No need to use an external battery||Slightly heavy|
|Recoil activated video||The scope can freeze when using the phone app to view the scope|
|Looks and feels like a traditional scope||Has software glitches|
|Seamlessly blends the latest high technology with a traditional scope||Need a mini SD card to update the scope|
|Long eye relief|
|Uses standard mounting rings|
|Cutting edge technology|
|Many vivid colors|
|Up to 120fps|
|No pixelation when zooming|
|Dual streaming and video recording|
|Magnification of 5-20x|
|Wi-fi streaming to iOS & android|
Night Owl Optics NightShot Digital Night Vision Riflescope with IR illuminator
- Easy-to-use: Mount, Sight, Shoot
- Call for mounting advice: (800) 444-5994
- Range: 100-200 yds. in typical nighttime environments
- High resolution, 640X480 display
- For use with rifles up to 30 caliber (see below)
If you’re looking for good bang for the buck, this may be the scope for you. The NightShot is made of light weighted thermoplastic. It’s weatherproof and loaded with many extras. The main drawback is the battery’s location under the scope.
|High resolution of 640×480||Uses up one set of alkaline batteries in five hours if IR is on low and two hours if it’s set on high|
|Can use it with rifles up to 30 caliber||The battery location necessitates the removal of the scope and then sighting it in again|
|Made of engineered thermoplastic|
|Can use day and night without damaging the scope|
|Has digital night vision with infrared illuminator built into it|
|52 mm focal length|
|3m to an infinity focusing distance|
|100 – 200 yards range at nighttime|
|Has one-click adjustable windage and elevation of 1/4” at 50 yards|
|Has a mounting system that is compatible with Picatinny or Weaver|
|Offers three reticle types that can be configured in black or white to best suit the environment|
|Affordable high-quality night vision rifle scope|
|Lightweight, polymer construction|
|Easy to operate|
|Great customer service|
Firefield NVRS 3×42 Gen 1 Night Vision Riflescope, Black
- High quality image and resolution
- Lightweight and durable titanium body with water resistant IPX4 Rating
- Quick detach weaver mount
- Built-in high powered IR illuminator
- Ergonomic design and quick power-up
This scope may be your ideal riflescope if nighttime shooting with a waterproof scope is your preference. The Firefield is light in weight and can be quickly changed out with your iron scope. It also has a long battery life.
|High quality resolution||May have problems staying mounted|
|Lightweight||Mount may easily break|
|Durable titanium body||The reticle may stop working|
|Adjust reticle brightness incrementally||Limited range or field of view|
|42mm lens gives high light gathering capabilities|
|Magnifies image 3x|
|The field of view is 21m at 100m|
|Has eye relief of 45mm|
|Resolution of 30 lines per mm|
|IR wavelength of 805nm|
|150m/165yd range of detection|
|Battery life of 20 hours with IR on and 50 hours without IR on|
|The clear picture at medium to long-range targets|
|Protected from harsh weather|
|Flip-up lens covers to shield it from harsh weather|
|Illuminated red duplex reticle|
|Incremental brightness adjustment|
|Easily adapt to the surrounding environment|
|Easily detach its weaver mounting system to put on iron sights while maintaining return-to-zero reliability|
|Hard but light and waterproof titanium body|
|Firefield night vision|
How to Choose the Best Night Vision Scope for coyote hunting
There are many different features to choose from when it comes to selecting the right night vision riflescope to suit your needs.
One of the cooler features to come on the scene in riflescopes is the ability to stream live hunting action and record it at the same time. Obviously, if this isn’t your thing, you can bypass scopes that feature this ability.
Do you anticipate having to take shots from excessively long distances? If so, you’ll want to zero in on the scopes that advertise unusually long-range visibility. If field of range is important to you, you’ll want to pay attention to that feature also.
Do you want a high-tech infrared illuminator? IR technology dramatically increases your ability to see in the darkest of nights. This is a very popular feature on today’s scopes.
We’ve assembled a good list of feature options in this article. Watching Video for many more tips to find the best cheap night vision scope.
What are the Advantages of Night Vision Scope?
Nighttime is when the animals come out of hiding, and that makes night time a hunter’s paradise – that is, if you could see in the darkness. A good night scope is a game-changer.
Night vision riflescopes turn the darkness into daylight, illuminating the animals that have come out to eat in the cover of darkness. The various capabilities available in today’s high-tech riflescopes do various chores for you, from making calculations and keeping you from getting lost to the more expected functions of zooming in on prey and illuminating them.
Things to Look for that Differentiate Night Vision Scopes
You’ve ruled out goggles, binoculars and monoculars. You want a night vision scope for your rifle. Even though a regular rifle scope gathers more light because of its larger lens, you want one scope that will handle both daytime and nighttime light. You are searching for a good day/night system.
There are several different features that differentiate these versatile night vision riflescopes from each other. You can find scopes that:
- Let you see in both the daylight and in darkness
- Let you zoom in farther than other scopes
- Have a wide field of range
- Give you a clearer image than other scopes at long ranges
- Combine digital and traditional scope features
- Have a built-in infrared illuminator with many levels
- Have traditional or digital night vision
- Have thermal optics
- Have a longer battery life than other digital scopes
- Have an eyepiece adjustment ring
- Are light in weight
- Let you quickly detach the weaver mount
- Have an ergonomic design
- Have quick power up
- Let you incrementally adjust reticle brightness
- Have GPS
- 1080p or 120fps video
- Ballistic calculator
- Apps for iOS and android
- Ultra HD technology
What’s the Best Way to Use Night Vision Scopes?
Dedicated night scopes are better than day/night scopes. But you would have to carry one rifle for night time hunting and a separate rifle for daytime hunting, and that is what you are trying to avoid.
Some of the versatile scopes are used with a daytime scope. If you choose this route, you’ll want the daytime scope to be of high quality. However, the scopes in this article’s line-up are stand-alone scopes.
Precautions for Using Night Vision Scope
Some scopes are optimized for rifles that have between two inches and two and one-half inches of space between the center of the scope to the centerline of the rifle’s barrel. If your rifle is a bit higher than two and one-half inches, you’ll want to buy something like a 20MOA picatinny riser to bring the point of impact down.
Traditionally styled rifles, which have bolt or lever action, commonly have Weaver rails. Weaver rails don’t normally need an adapter. But some sporting rifles may.
Sometimes the lighter weighted scopes that quickly detach do so more quickly than some people expect. Some scopes may actually readily break. Some scopes cannot withstand high caliber rifles and are therefore inaccurate.
Sometimes too much technology just means that there are more things that can malfunction. Does the scope turn off with every shot? Maybe that is just the experience of one product reviewer. Maybe several people have had the same experience with a particular scope. Read the reviews to get the actual big picture.
The ATN X-Sight II HD 5-20 Smart Day/Night Rifle Scope is our first choice. It calculates ballistics, identifies range to the target, and takes recoil-activated 1080p HD video recordings and photos.
The ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Smart Day/Night Rifle Scope has many extra features including the capability to simultaneously video stream and record. Reviewer complaints of software bugs keep this one out of first place.
We like the Sightmark Photon XT 6.5x50L digital Night Vision Riflescope for its light versatility and long battery life.
The Night Owl Optics NightShot Digital Night Vision Riflescope is a good bargain. But the battery location under the scope makes this one inconvenient.
The Firefield NVRS 3×42 Gen 1 Night Vision Riflescope lets you adjust for brightness and do your thing in bad weather. But reviewer complaints about it breaking or dismounting itself put this one in the last place.